The Clay-colored Sparrow found by Cesar Castillo during the Queens County
CBC yesterday might actually be a Brewer's Sparrow.

When I got home from seeing the bird this morning I posted an image on
Facebook. This afternoon, a very short time ago, I got texts from Tom
Johnson and Doug Gochfeld asking for more photos as they think it's a
possible Brewer's Sparrow. I've since added more photos to the original
image on Facebook. Photos can be seen on the New York Birders Facebook page
here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/NYBirders/

In the field the bird did seem a bit pale but I never would have thought to
check if it was a Brewer's Sparrow or not. I chalked the paleness up to my
rarely seeing Clay-colored Sparrows and not being as familiar with them as
I could be.

For those who want to go after this bird, the pin on this map is the
location of the "Meditation Garden," a pine grove that serves as ground
zero for the junco flock with which this sparrow, the Lark Sparrow, and the
Pine Warblers travel, though the flock does range widely:

https://www.google.com/maps/dir//40.743895,-73.840194/@40.7438245,-73.8398589,350m/data=!3m1!1e3

Easiest car access is from College Point Blvd and closest legal parking is
under the Van Wyck, a bit north of where you enter from College Point Blvd.

Hopefully, this is a Brewer's Sparrow.

Good Birding,
Corey Finger