Echoing John's experience, shoveling out this morning offered a rare opportunity for extended winter yard birding. We had Canada Geese flying over calling, in small flocks from NE to SW, and though we had nothing unusual among them, we did have two separate Common Ravens flying over calling loudly, our first for the yard birds list.

Patricia Lindsay and Shai Mitra
Bay Shore