$^

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note5.-------- Original message
--------From: syschiff <icte...@optonline.net> Date: 03/08/2016  11:09 AM
(GMT-05:00) To: NYSBIRDS_L <nysbirds-l@cornell.edu> Subject: [nysbirds-l]
Oceanside and Baldwin Park

Oceanside and Baldwin Park, 8 Mar

The Marine Nature Study Area, Oceanside was
quiet. Of interest were a pair of fly-by Snow Geese and 2 Wood Ducks that
landed at the entrance to Bedell Creek before taking off a bit
later.

I drove over to Baldwin Park, a small detour on the
way home. I heard the screeching before I got out of the car. Three MONK
PARAKEETS were resting and calling on top of the lights opposite the parking
lot
(the first nest). and at least another dozen were on the next 3
lights. A second small nests is now on the fourth light.

The Osprey nest continues but it's too early for
occupancy. I walked to the bay where there were 4 Red-throated Loons and a pair
of fly-by Double-crested Cormorants

Sy Schiff

        Welcome and Basics
        Rules and Information