I must be living right, to have waited this long before trying, and still
find this accommodating grassland-stalker ! With thanks to Joe Jannsen (a
man I haven't met) whose posting yesterday got me "up and moving" ! At 1130
today, the Uppie was exactly where he said, "just e/o Oak Beach near pole
#483 - viewed from the eastbound shoulder" ! I watched it walk & feed for ~
15 minutes, and I second John T's earlier apprehension, as it moved  fairly
close to the s/s edge of the median, seemingly oblivious to the cars flying
by !

I then headed for Jones Beach, with stops at both the Cedar & Gilgo
marinas. At Cedar I had a Boat-tailed and a sighting I'll discuss further
on. The marsh island off of Gilgo Marina held a huge, resting flock of
Black-bellied Plovers, Sanderlings, Dunlins and who knows what else !

Arriving at the West End Coast Guard area, I found Sue & Ken Feustel, Bob
Proniewych, Gary Strauss and Ed Brecher, who were about to leave, but not
before telling me what they had just seen - thanks folks ! I then proceeded
to find: the single Black Scoter; 2 Red-throated Loons; 2 Common Loons
(all, but 1 common, were still in basic plumage, while that bird was
nearing it's full alternate colors); 2  A.Oystercatchers; 2, of the 7
Foster's Terns they had; a Field Sparrow and a Lesser Yellowlegs later on
in a marshy area on the back road n/o Parking Field 4 that leads to the
Wantagh Parkway. On my own, I found a late Dark-eyed Junco near the
C.G.Station and a singing Brown Thrasher in the median closer to the museum.

When I first stopped at Gilgo I thought I had 7 Common Terns, albeit, on
the early side,and so, after Ken had told me about the 7 Foster's they had
just seen, I told him of my Commons, which, when he, in turn, remarked
about the early date, I agreed, but told him I was fairly sure of the ID,
This played on my mind, to the extent of causing me to doubt how thorough I
had been earlier, ie, lighting, bill & primary colors, as well as my not
using a scope. I then went back to the Cedar Marina, only to find zero
terns. I then stopped back at the Gilgo Marina, and did find 15 terns, none
of them Common, all Foster's...of this I am sure ! I've decided to not
count the Common Terns, and wish to thank Ken for causing me to question if
I had been careful enough in making the claim that I did.

Cheers,
Bob 😔