Sorry this post is late...blame it on yesterday's 5 AM rise, combined with
a lot of walking !  I tried for the Swainson's Warbler at Central Park from
mid-morning to early afternoon, only to come up  "a day late and a dollar
short"  !  Birding was slow, by C. Pk's standards, with the highlights for
me being a FOY Cape May Warbler (female) seen at  "The Oven", thanks to a
chance meeting with Doug Futuyama near "Azalea Pond", as well as a FOY
White-eyed Vireo !

Although my trip into the city was accomplished by the use of car, train
and subway, as I was back on the train heading toward Rockville Centre, I
couldn't help but think of Nathan Goldberg, a young man I  met earlier,
while looking for the Swainson's. He could only spend a short time longer
looking for the bird, due to his having to get back to Ithaca in time to
take a test at 3 PM. He had been looking for the warbler since 6 AM, after
only getting ~ 45 minutes sleep prior to "giving it the old college try" !
I can only hope he arrived safely and aced the test...what spirit, optimism
and intrepidness !

Cheers,
Bob