Jamaica Bay WR 16 June

Joe Giunta and I (Sy Schiff) walked to Big Johns Pond and scanned the East
Pond. Lots of feeding IBIS (25), all GLOSSY. We went to the south end for
better looks, but still couldn't come up with a White-faced. The Barn Owl
continues in the box.

On the west pond, we walked to the breech, looked across and found a single
GULL-BILLED TERN. (could the other one be on a nest?)  Success for 1 of our 2
targets.

While we concentrated on our target birds and did not bird the gardens, we
managed to count 40 species of breeding birds. Of note wee 10 FORSTER'S TERNS,
2 BLACK SKIMMERS, 4 WILLOW FLYCATCHERS, 5 HOUSE WRENS,  15 YELLOW WARBLERS, 5
EASTERN TOWHEE and the usual numbers of other expected breeding birds.

Sy