Gerry McGee, Paul Citrin, Bob Ruvolo and I began at Strawberry Fields this
morning and birded our way through a few areas of the park, both east and west.

The Hackberry tree adjacent to the flat rock, by the Imagine Plaque, was
magical. We had difficulty leaving after seeing 14 species in that tree alone,
and then another 11 species in the surrounding foliage.
In many cases we saw multiple birds of each species.

Rose-breasted  Grosbeak
Great Crested Flycatcher
Scarlet Tanager
Palm Warbler
Black-throated Blue
Eastern-Wood Peewee
Connecticut Warbler (in foliage near Imagine Plaque)
House Finch
Northern Parula
Pine Warbler
Black and White Warbler