Hi all,

This morning, I checked the West End of Jones Beach, focusing on the Coast
Guard Station and Median. There was a good variety of songbirds, including
my first Golden-crowned Kinglets and Dark-eyed Junco of the fall. The
highlight though, was a single *Summer Tanager *that briefly appeared in
the median before moving on. I saw it along the median near the turnoff for
the Coast Guard Station. It seemed to head westward, but I was unable to
relocate it. In addition to the tanager, there was a good smattering of
warblers, including a big push of Yellow-rumped Warblers and a few Palm,
Pine, Black-throated Green, Blackpoll, and Prairie Warblers.

A link to my complete eBird checklist, with photos of the Summer Tanager,
is here: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S31767434

Good birding,
Shawn Billerman
Massapequa