Dear Fellow Birders,

It is with sadness that I let you know that our friend Sarah Elliott passed
away on October 12th. Sarah was a longtime member of the Linnaean Society of
New York. She led nature walks in Central Park and elsewhere, and maintained
the bird sighting book in the Boathouse. She regularly issued an informative
series of Nature Notes. In addition to her passion for birds and botany, Sarah
was keenly interested in literature and jazz. For the last year Sarah was cared
for by her niece Dukeanna.

Please check the LSNY website <http://linnaeannewyork.org/> for updated
information.

Andrew Rubenfeld