It is with great sadness that I report the passing of Herb Roth.

A great conservationist friend and birding mentor to many has passed.

Herb Roth worked tirelessly for years to keep the Theodore Roosevelt Sactuary
in Oyster Bay going until National Audubon took it back. I could go on about
the many good works he did for our planet and our birds.

Herb, besides being a great birder was a terrific field trip leader. I fell in
love with my late wife, Linda Vardy, on a weekend field trip Herb led to Cape
May.

Queens County Bird Club, North Shore Audubon and anyone who knew him and his
dedication to nature will be sadened by this news.

Rick & Linda
kedenb...@optonline.net <mailto:kedenb...@optonline.net>