Hello,
I hope it is OK to use the list to update fellow birders about some
environmental issues that can affect us.

1. If anyone has any suggestions as to how the $125 million in federal disaster
money can be used to restore Hempstead Lake State Park, please let me know.  I
am in direct contact with someone on the board for the project.

2. Jones Beach Bike Path - I do not have any updates, if anyone contacted the
parks department please let me know, I have not had a chance to spend as much
time as I would of liked on this issue. If anyone has any suggestions how to go
about this issue, please let me know.  Some have been very helpful.

3. Town of Hempstead Removal of Feral Cats - An issue came up where I found out
feral cat shelters are going to be constructed in the vicinity of the Hempstead
Plains.  When I recommended removal of the cats, I was told TOH does not allow
this, only TNR.

Mike Z.

Sent from my iPhone