Joe Giunta, Debbie Martin and I (Sy Schiff) arrived at Lido West Park at 9:00.
The ASH-THROATED FLYCATCHER had been seen at 8:00 and flew off. We waited and
back it came a bit after we arrived. It landed on the snow fence adjacent to
the lot and posed for viewing and photos. Very nice. First target, check!

We drove over to Hendrickson Park in Valley Stream, walked on the East side to
have the sun at our backs. A scan of the pond and across to the tennis courts
did not turn up anything unusual. Bummer!  While returning toward where we
parked, about 30 gesso flew in landing just to our north.. They  in included
the PINK-FOOTED GOOSE. Second target, check!

Our third bird was the Eurasian Wigeon at the Marine Park in Brooklyn.
Unfortunately, the Wigeon didn't arrive after we did. Here we struck out. But,
it afforded some birding, so not a total loss. Of note were AMERICAN WIGEON,
BUFFLEHEAD and PIED-BILL GREBE in the water; GREATER YELLOWLEGS and GREAT BLUE
HERON on the shore. Upland, we had BROWN CREEPER  and 2 TREE SPARROWS;  in the
air, AMERICAN KESTREL and RED-TAILED HAWK.

Lovely day to be out,  Sy