I post this to honor the request of Tom Fiore;)

As you all know, the forecast was worse than the actual weather on Sunday.
More details when I tally all the individuals. As of right now, we have 98
species in the Jersey portion of the count circle. Count week birds were
TURKEY VULTURE, SHORT-EARED OWL, and WOOD THRUSH (photographed on Saint
Peter's University campus in Jersey City). Please keep in mind that some of
the so-called highlights are relative.

Highlights were: WOOD DUCK (1), wild RING-NECKED PHEASANT (1), WILD TURKEY
(2), GREAT EGRET, BLACK-CROWNED NIGHT HERON (5), RED-SHOULDERED HAWK (1),
AMERICAN WOODCOCK (2), GLAUCOUS GULL (1), BARN OWL (1), RED-HEADED
WOODPECKER (1), YELLOW-BELLIED SAPSUCKER (4), AMERICAN KESTREL (5), MONK
PARAKEET (5), COMMON RAVEN (7), HORNED LARK (2), RED-BREASTED NUTHATCH (1),
BROWN CREEPER (2), WINTER WREN (2), MARSH WREN (3), HERMIT THRUSH (2), GRAY
CATBIRD (1), AMERICAN PIPIT (1), LAPLAND LONGSPUR (1), SNOW BUNTING (74),
YELLOW-BREASTED CHAT (1), SALTMARSH SPARROW (1), SEASIDE SPARROW (1),
WHITE-CROWNED SPARROW (5), EASTERN TOWHEE (2), & PURPLE FINCH (1).

Not too shabby! I have great participants:-)

Mike Britt
Bayonne
Jersey compiler, Lower Hudson CBC