Today I finally got a chance to try for the Townsend's Solitaire. Arriving
at North Sea Rd., Southold at 1145, I found Kathleen Coyle parked at #
1525. When I asked if she had seen the bird, she just pointed and said
"there it is"...3 very, sweet words ! The bird was resting mid-span on the
power line between pole & house, where it remained for at least 5 minutes.
During which, Tom Reichert pulled up and asked me the same question, to
which I was able to give what I just had been given...a wonderful win-win !

Tom is basically a PHOTOGRAPHER/birder, whom I had met at some good
sighting many moons ago, and he does comes packing ! I'm sure he obtained
many outstanding shots with his mega camera/lens ! The bird was a good
subject for the hour I was was able to stay, by remaining still for a bit
for pictures, before disappearing and then re-appearing a short while
afterward. While waiting on the bird during one of it's absences, Tom
related his frustration with a single aspect of the trip taken with his
wife very recently, starting in Vancouver, and ending in Banff, Canada. The
target bird he missed out there, was none other than the species he found
today...go figure !

Cheers,
Bob