Around midday on Thursday I saw the gull in the eBird checklist below on
Prospect Park Lake. It is either a dark Iceland Gull or a light Thayer's
Gull -- probably the former, but I am not sure. I have asked the opinions
of other, more experienced birders, and they have agreed that it has some
Thayer's possibilities but could also just be a dark Iceland. They have all
also said that they would like to hear other opinions, so I am asking for
those of this group as well. Thoughts welcome.

For those who want to look for themselves: the bird had flown off by the
time I left on Thursday. Gulls tend to build up on Prospect Park Lake
around midday and most fly elsewhere to roost for the night. It could well
return, and midday would be the best time to check.