Wednesday, 1st of February, 2017
Central Park, Manhattan, N.Y. City

A Red-necked Grebe was found on the Central Park reservoir today by
Patrick Clair - near the end of the day, on the western part of the
reservoir.  The bird was photographed and it is in his report to eBird
for this day - this is not a 1st record for the park, but is
unexpected and is as far as I know, the first of this species there
for this year - at least 2 Pied-billed Grebes are continuing at the
reservoir, as they have for months.  I suspect the Red-necked is a new
arrival.

good birding, and thanks to the sharp-eyed Manhattan birder who noted
this report as well as Mr. Clair for the find & report!

Tom Fiore,
manhattan