*Tomorrow, (Saturday, February 11th), 12-3:30 P.M.*

*Photographing Birds: A Workshop on Techniques for Getting Sharper Images*

*Presenter: Tom Stephenson*

*Location: Brooklyn Public Library Central Branch
<http://www.bklynlibrary.org/locations/central> at Grand Army Plaza*

This workshop will cover in detail the basic concepts of digital
photography and how to best implement them in the field. We’ll discuss the
interaction of aperture, depth of field, noise and ISO sensitivity. We’ll
also cover focusing problems, benefits and downsides to using flash, and
how to compensate for birds moving from dark to light backgrounds.

Processing your photos after you get home is another critical part of bird
photography. Post-processing can make the difference between an OK photo
and a stunning shot. We’ll discuss the basics of post-processing, what
programs to use, and the best techniques for adjusting exposure, color
balance, and sharpness. The workshop format will give us plenty of time to
go over all of these key concepts in detail and allow for lots of questions.
Tom Stephenson has been birding since he was a kid under the tutelage of
Dr. Arthur Allen of Cornell University. His articles and photographs are in
museums and many publications including Birding, Birdwatcher’s Digest,
Handbook of the Birds of the World, Handbook of the Mammals of the World,
Birds of Madagascar, and Guide to the Birds of SE Brazil.

http://www.brooklynbirdclub.org/meetings.htm

Dennis Hrehowsik

Brooklyn