I just received word a Northern Goshawk was photographed in Prospect Park
near the feeders this past Tuesday. The bird was posted on Facebook and
this morning additional photos were posted on the Brooklyn Urban Birders
page asking for help with the ID (which is clearly a young Goshawk).
Thank you to Isaac Grant for bringing it to my attention as well as to
Kathleen Toomey for raising the red flag on Facebook this morning and
ultimately to the person who took the photos (referred to only as Lotus).

Good birding,

Sean Sime
Brooklyn, NY