Wow. What an odd bird. And what on earth is it doing with a hood at this time
of year?

We had an experience with a bird of the same presumed parental origin in
Sullivan County 15 years ago, but it didn't look much like this one.
http://www.birds.cornell.edu/crows/woodburne_gull.htm

Very cool.

Kevin

Kevin J. McGowan