There's been a continuing immature Northern Goshawk in the western part of
Massapequa Preserve - I've seen it 4 times in the last 2 weeks. (I live a
block away from the Preserve) From what I know it has been seen in the
Preserve as far north as the Walker Street parking lot and as far south as
Pittsburgh Ave.  I last saw it yesterday afternoon flying over the
neighborhood west of the preserve around Jerusalem Ave.  I know of another
occasion where it hunted a rabbit in someone's yard so it might pay to
check the trees in the surrounding area.  Except for one occasion where it
was resting it seems very active, seemingly disappearing into the woods
however I believe it's accustomed to human activity and not skittish.

Good luck if anyone tries to find it- it's not easy to find - wanted to get
the word out before the weekend in case anyone was up for a challenge.

Rob in Massapequa