All,

We have endured a prolonged cool spell with plenty of rain
and many of our neotropical migrants are late or their
main "surge" of numbers has been delayed, at least here
in the southern tier. Looking at the weather models, from
Tuesday night through Wednesday night a strong surge
of warm southerly winds are expected from the Gulf of
Mexico all the way through the Ohio Valley to the northeast
U.S. I would expect a lot of our neotropical migrants to surge
in and even the later ones too, like  tennessee, cape may,
bay-breast, wilsons, canada warblers and even blackpoll.
I know I left many off...

For additional more in-depth specie forecasts see
ebird's "birdcast".

Dave Nicosia