      From: Michael Britt <sootysh...@gmail.com>
 To: NYSbirds-L@cornell.edu
 Sent: Monday, June 26, 2017 8:37 PM
 Subject: [nysbirds-l] Henslow's Sparrow - Shawangunk Grasslands NWR

I emailed my buddy Ralph Tabor to let him know that I'd be up Monday morning
and also to ask him about the conditions of the trails, as I heard that they
were overgrown. So what does Ralph do? He goes and mows the trails prior to my
arrival! What a swell guy:-)
Anyway, the male HENSLOW'S SPARROW is still singing his little heart out. See
attached eBird checklist with video. If I'm not mistaken, this post-restoration
bird is the first in many years.

P.S. It's always cool to hear a singing WINTER WREN, I heard one after
breakfast at Mohonk, by the lake.
Mike BrittBayonne --  NYSbirds-L List Info:  Welcome and Basics   Rules and
Information   Subscribe, Configuration and Leave  Archives:  The Mail Archive
Surfbirds  ABA  Please submit your observations to eBird!  --