Bronx Brendan Keogh and I ventured over to Bartow-Pell Mansion Museum in the
late morning for a very casual walk around the grounds.

I believe there was more to be found, but the heat and mosquitoes in the late
morning dampened our enthusiasm. The grass was also high on the trails.

Bring mosquito repellent and wear long pants if you go.

Blue-gray Gnatcatcher (several)
Rose-breasted Grosbeak, few, one looked like a hatch bird
American Goldfinch
Baltimore Oriole (few)
Gray Catbird (few)
House Wren (few)
Tree Swallow
Common Yellowthroat
Downy Woodpecker
American Robin
Ruby-throated Hummingbird- (somewhere nearby is a nest.)
Red-bellied Woodpecker
Osprey
Black and White Warbler (looked like a hatch bird)
Tree Swallow
Cedar Waxwing (flock)
Northern Mockingbird
Chipping Sparrow
Northern Flicker
Chimney Swift
Snowy Egret

We tried to relocate the Blue-winged Warbler, American Redstart and Worm-eating
Warbler I saw Thursday night with Deborah Allen and Bob DeCandido, but were
unsuccessful.

Jack Rothman
cityislandbirds.com