Hi everyone,
I am really thrilled to see all the posts again.
Since mid August, an observer named William Krueger has been reporting (via
eBird and NNYBirds) a shelduck on private lands in Clinton County, close to the
Canadian border. It seems like it requires a kayak to see. Considering the
parallels with the Rye, NH bird, I hope someone can follow up, since it was
reported again 8/22. The location is called "Lauren's Pool".
Laurin's Pool is about a mile south of the Chazy boat launch at the mouth of
the Great Chazy River and is on private land. However, it can be reached by
canoe or kayak.
More info on NNYBirds:http://birding.aba.org/maillist/NY07

Just wanted to share.Brendan Fogarty