Finished "to do" list by 1550, arriving at the Doctors Path, Riverhead sod
field by 1600. Did not find a single shorebird here, or at any other sod
field, ranging as far to the west as Hulse Landing Rd., Wading River.
Starting with the adult Peregrine found coursing over the D.P. field
(possibly one of the two birds seen at this location on 9/3), by the time I
finished at 1815, I had tallied 3 other raptor species, totaling 11
individuals. In the order they were sighted: 2 single Turkey Vultures, 1
each in Riverhead and Wading River; a flock of 7 in Wading River; a Kestrel
and a Red-tailed Hawk, both in Calverton. I also got some dynamite shots of
a large Snapping Turtle sunning itself out on the grass along the entrance
to the Swan Lake Golf Club o/o River Rd., Manorville !

A very late start for sure...but surely rewarding !

Cheers,
Bob