This comes as a total shock and explains why I did not see his familiar "two
pole" trekking on the East Pond at Jamaica Bay.

I don't have a lot of history with Bob as some of you but we had one thing in
common. Our love for Shorebirds.  He will be in my thoughts as I navigate the
East Pond.

May Bob find peace and lots of Raptors and Shorebirds wherever he is. Very,
very sad to hear this.