Oh what sad news.

What a pleasure it was to know Bobby, if only a little bit via F.I.R.E.

A warm, generous guy with a ready laugh, and a very sharp birder (who
kindly taught me stuff).

There ought to be more Bobbys in this world.

Condolences to those close to Bobby, Pat and Shai and the whole F.I.R.E
crew and, of course, Bobby's other friends and family.

John Laver & Nancy O'Keefe
Manhattan

On Wed, Sep 27, 2017 at 11:46 PM, Patricia Lindsay <pjlind...@optonline.net>
wrote:

> Our dear friend Bobby Kurtz passed away today, after several months of
> illness.
>

> Bobby was an unforgettable birder, whose enthusiasm added excitement to
> our collective adventure of birds. Being with him was a natural part of
> decades of discovery for us. We learned a lot together, and enjoyed it all
> immensely.
>

> Details of arrangements will follow soon.
>

> Northwest winds are forecast tomorrow at the Fire Island hawkwatch, where
> Bobby sought them so often.
>

> Patricia Lindsay and Shai Mitra
> Bay Shore, NY

> ARCHIVES:
> 3) http://birding.aba.org/maillist/NY01

> http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

*John L*

*You could not step twice into the same river.*

*Heraclitus of Ephesus*