From: bounce-121880047-5227...@list.cornell.edu
[mailto:bounce-121880047-5227...@list.cornell.edu] On Behalf Of Patricia Lindsay
Sent: Wednesday, September 27, 2017 11:46 PM
To: NYS Birds <NYSBIRDS-L@cornell.edu>
Subject: [nysbirds-l] Bob Kurtz, now passed

Our dear friend Bobby Kurtz passed away today, after several months of illness.

Bobby was an unforgettable birder, whose enthusiasm added excitement to
our collective adventure of birds. Being with him was a natural part of
decades of discovery for us. We learned a lot together, and enjoyed it
all immensely.

Details of arrangements will follow soon.

Northwest winds are forecast tomorrow at the Fire Island hawkwatch,
where Bobby sought them so often.

Patricia Lindsay and Shai Mitra
Bay Shore, NY

---