It appeared all of the Fuestel's Shorebirds that would not land the day before
(see Ken's post from 10-5 as to the probable reasons why) happened to drop in
on the pond for me. In just over 4 hours on the East Pond yesterday, I managed
14 species of Shorebirds - better than some of my August surveys.

The highlights were: American Avocet (continuing), Hudsonian Godwit, American
Golden Plovers (2), Stilt Sandpipers (9) and indisputably my best sighting
yesterday was, 41 PECTORAL SANDPIPERS. I was counting them while standing on
the east side of the pond (they were all stacked up on the west side on the
north end) and I had to do a few counts to ensure that I was not seeing things.
 I am quite sure that elsewhere on the pond there could have been a few more
that I missed.  41 Pectoral Sandpipers are my highest ever on the pond.
Perhaps, now that the pond is "properly" drained, we may see these drop ins if
the weather and migration winds favor such events.

Other notable birds on the pond include the continuing 3 Caspian Terns. I have
not looked at photos closely enough to determine if these are the same trio
that have been around awhile but it is interesting to note the numbers of
Caspians around in Queens this year.

The Eurasian Wigeon along with American Pipits rounded out the other notables.
Duck numbers continue to grow and I am sure I undercounted the Green-winged
Teals.

I have been quite the slacker on posting to my blog due to working on multiple
projects at the same time. Many posts are in draft mode waiting to be
finalized. I did however managed to whip up a short post with photos from
yesterday's outing for those interested.
http://birdingdude.blogspot.com/2017/10/shorebirding-at-jamaica-bay-wildlife.html?m=1