I did my first fall 2017 kayaking trip around Jamaica Bay Islands yesterday.
Highlight was a Marbled Godwit on the East shore of Little Egg marsh. Last year
I saw 1 to 3 individuals of this species around Little Egg March and the Ruffle
Bar on every trip made in September/October/November so it is potentially a
regular species there in small numbers.

Modest numbers of shorebirds overall but interestingly all the shorebird groups
were exactly at the same position as last fall. Illustrated checklist here:

Other sightings included:

274 Greater Yellowlegs at high tide on the docks and poles East of the Cross
Bay boulevard between roads 10 and 14 (with 10 Short-billed Dowitchers and 5
Lesser Yellowlegs mixed in).
1 Nelson's sparrow (Westmost part of Big Egg marsh), also 7 Saltmarch/Nelson's
in this area.
12 Red Knots (Little Egg Marsh, North-East flat as usual).
2 Belted kingfisher harassing 2 Double-crested Cormorants to perch on the
highest poles.

Matthieu