Sue and I has a productive few hours shorebirding at HSP this morning,
recording twelve species of shorebirds at the flooded Field 7 parking lot.
Prior to birding Field 7, we observed a Wilson’s Snipe feeding in the puddles
in the Field 6 picnic area with a large contingent of waterfowl that consisted
of mostly Mallards, but also a pair of Gadwall and a lone female Pintail. At
Field 7, we quickly picked up two American Golden Plovers among the numerous
juvenile Black-bellied Plovers. The most numerous shorebird was Dunlin, but
contained in the scattered groups of this species was a continuing Long-billed
Dowitcher, Pectoral Sandpiper (1), White-rumped Sandpiper (3), and a single
Semipalmated Sandpiper. Rounding out the shorebirds was Greater Yellowlegs (3),
Sanderling, Killdeer, and Semipalmated Plover (3).

Ken & Sue Feustel