Thanks to all who responded publicly and privately to my earlier request.
Made it down there mid-afternoon, and there were no issues with any law
enforcement whatsoever. Legal parking is very, very close to where the bird
is hanging out, as previously described, so there is no need to park along
the highway itself.

Nick Bonomo
Wallingford, CT
www.shorebirder.com