Four birders enjoyed a good seabird flight at RMSP this morning on a southeast
wind, featuring a close-in dark morph Northern Fulmar (which I did not get on),
four adult Black-legged Kittiwakes, three Parasitic Jaegers, twelve Razorbills,
and the expected loon and sea duck species. Halfway through our watch a heavy
rain moved in, and the wind shifted west resulting in a decline in seabird
variety. During our watch hundreds of Bonaparte’s Gulls were observed well
off-shore, getting off the water in response to harassment from a Parasitic
Jaeger. Two flyby Royal Terns were also observed.

On a related note, the immature Hudsonian Godwit continues at Heckscher State
Park Field 7.

Good Birding,

Ken & Sue Feustel, Shai Mitra, Pat Lindsay