Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: "nathan o'reilly natro...@hotmail.com<mailto:natro...@hotmail.com>
[ebirdsnyc]"
<ebirdsnyc-nore...@yahoogroups.com<mailto:ebirdsnyc-nore...@yahoogroups.com>>
Date: November 19, 2017 at 8:31:18 PM EST
To: "NYSbirds-L@cornell.edu<mailto:NYSbirds-L@cornell.edu>"
<NYSbirds-L@cornell.edu<mailto:NYSbirds-L@cornell.edu>>
Cc: Ebird NYC <ebirds...@yahoogroups.com<mailto:ebirds...@yahoogroups.com>>
Subject: [ebirdsnyc] Van Cortlandt Park Virginia Rail & Black-throated Green
Warbler

Posting on behalf of Nadir Souirgi:

Sorry for the late post this email keeps bouncing back- I heard a Virginia Rail
vocalize during my NYC Audubon VCP bird walk yesterday at about 8:45AM. It gave
its “grunt” call from the phragmites in the northwest corner of the Van
Cortlandt Lake. This is the much smaller portion west of the Putnam Trail. I
tried taping it out in hopes of getting a pic for documentation purposes, but
no luck. Coincidentally, I ran into Mike Feller just after, who recounted the
story
that this specific location is where members of the Bronx County Bird Club,
like Peterson and Cruikshank, would tromp around banging pots each winter in
order to add this species to their CBC list. They apparently had success here
on many counts so fingers crossed Bronx CBCers. Also notable was a late
Black-throated Green Warbler in the same area. Worth mentioning, but at this
point not really notable except that they are still a flagged eBird species,
were 24 American Pipit on the southwest corner of the Parade Grounds and a
flyover Horned Lark.

Good Birding,

Nadir Souirgi,
Inwood, Manhattan

Sent from my iPhone

__._,_.___
________________________________
Posted by: nathan o'reilly <natro...@hotmail.com<mailto:natro...@hotmail.com>>
________________________________
     •       Reply to sender
<mailto:natro...@hotmail.com?subject=Re%3A%20Van%20Cortlandt%20Park%20Virginia%20Rail%20%26%20Black-throated%20Green%20Warbler>
         •       Reply to group
<mailto:ebirds...@yahoogroups.com?subject=Re%3A%20Van%20Cortlandt%20Park%20Virginia%20Rail%20%26%20Black-throated%20Green%20Warbler>
     •       Start a New
Topic<https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/ebirdsnyc/conversations/newtopic;_ylc=X3oDMTJmaHJtdnI2BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzEzMzM2MzUwBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2NTc4NwRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNudHBjBHN0aW1lAzE1MTExNDE0ODE->
       •       Messages in this
topic<https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/ebirdsnyc/conversations/topics/17829;_ylc=X3oDMTM3YnRzMzFrBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzEzMzM2MzUwBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2NTc4NwRtc2dJZAMxNzgyOQRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawN2dHBjBHN0aW1lAzE1MTExNDE0ODEEdHBjSWQDMTc4Mjk->
 (1)
________________________________
[https://s.yimg.com/ru/static/images/yg/img/megaphone/1464031581_phpFA8bON]
Have you tried the highest rated email app?<https://yho.com/1wwmgg>
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on
the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes
(Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with
1000GB of free cloud storage.
 1

[Yahoo!
• Privacy<https://info.yahoo.com/privacy/us/yahoo/groups/details.html> •