From: John Gluth <jgl...@optonline.net>
Date:11/24/2017  1:09 PM  (GMT-05:00)
To: NYSBIRDS-L-for posts posts <NYSBIRDS-L@cornell.edu>
Subject: Re:[nysbirds-l] V. Rails released in Central Park, NYC (11/21 etc.)

One can't help but wonder whether there are better places than Central Park to
release a rehabbed marsh species like Virginia Rail. Someplace with a greater
amount of appropriate habitat, and more importantly on the perimeter of
Manhattan, providing a better escape route from the island than through the
canyons of high-rise buildings surrounding Central Park. Someplace like Inwood
Hill Park or Randall's Island perhaps. Are there any regulatory constraints on
the rehab facility mentioned which require them to release all their
outpatients into Central Park?

John Gluth,
Sent from my iPhone