Interesting bit of information. I seem to recall that it's said that one way
to separate Chihuahuan from Common Raven in Arizona / New Mexico is that
only Chihuahuans occur in flocks. Maybe that is true in that area, but could
this cast some doubt on that?

I didn't think about it all that much a few weeks ago when hawk watching
near Port Jervis, NY, but at one point a group of 9 or 10 Common Ravens flew
by. A couple of years ago, upon coming back from this trip, I reported on up
to 40 apparently going to a roost near the pull off south of the Bear
Mountain Bridge. No sign of that on this year's trip (although up to 50
Black Vultures likely going to a roost closer to the bridge made for an
impressive sight).

Steve Walter