The Delaware-Otsego Audubon Soc. has been using trail cameras baited
with road-killed deer to determine winter Golden Eagle presence in the
Catskills and central NY over the past few years.  The numbers of ravens
coming in to these sites is astonishing--hundreds at a time on
occasion.  So many that they can strip a full grown deer carcass to the
bones in a day.

When I began birding in the 1980s, it was necessary to travel to the
Adirondacks to have a chance of seeing a raven--what a range expansion!

Here's a link to a photo of a modest congregation at one site:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/a3EAuqzCZgYkjN6D3.

Andy Mason

Andrew Mason
1039 Peck St.