As noted by Arie, the Mountain Bluebird was at the end of the inlet side
road this morning. Here there is a white sign and a juniper to the left of
it (looking westward). The bluebird frequented these two spots, in fabulous
lighting during the morning. Another landing spot used a few times was a
small dune- more of a mound, actually - with small bushes on it. This is
looking toward the inlet. Altogether, I would say the bluebird was in sight
and close 75% of the 2+ hours I was there. Even after disappearing to the
west, it usually came back within 10 minutes. A curious thing was that it
was being pestered by Yellow-rumped Warblers, which appeared to occasionally
prompt it to move. Also making a couple of appearances in the said juniper
was a Baltimore Oriole, presumably the one recorded on the Captree count.

Pictures for those interested can be found at my web site
http://stevewalternature.com/ (click the Birds tab and click Recent Work).

Steve Walter

Bayside, NY