After a visit to Hempstead Lake SP, Joe Giunta, Debbie Martin and I (Sy Schiff)
went looking for the KING EIDERS. It was with a  score of COMMON EIDERS at the
4th jetty (inlet is 5). Other ducks included SURF SCOTER and LONG-TAILED DUCKS
along with a diminished est. 600 GREATER SCAUP.
PURPLE SANDPIPERS were seen on 3 different jetties. There are deep crevasses
between the rocks and the shorebirds quickly disappeared after being
momentarily flushed by a crashing surf. There may have been more.
Three tries, but we got our target birds.
Sy

Sent from Mail for Windows 10