I was at Point Lookout today and thought Sy Schiff's explanation was quite
sufficient.  Never heard the term groin refer to anything but a body part.
I would like to add to Mr Schiff's report that I also saw circa a dozen
Bonaparte Gulls.  Thanks to the other pair of birders who pointed them out
to me.  I'm headed to the Hamptons again tomorrow for a 3 day weekend of
partying.  I will probably go birding on Dune Road and will report anything
that's considered rare.

Keep it real
Tyler Goldstein
Jericho, NY