It is year 4 of this project and I am writing once again to post an
opportunity to participate in a Citizens Science Project that involves
recording migrating Mourning Warbler songs.I am interested in whether
different song populations of Mourning Warblers (Western, Eastern, Nova
Scotia, Newfoundland) migrate together or separately to their respective
areas of the species’ breeding range.All you need is a smartphone with a
voice recording app and some luck.The web page link below describes the
project and how to make recordings on your Smartphone in more
detail.There is also a link to the map with previous year’s results
based on recordings from many volunteers.

https://mowasongmapper.weebly.com/

Here is a link to the recent national Audubon Society story on this
research.

Audubon Society reporting

http://www.audubon.org/magazine/spring-2017/this-guy-mapping-how-warblers-migrate-just

Please send song recordings to the Mourning Warbler Sound Lab
(jpitocchATanselm.edu).

I would really appreciate your help and contributions this year to this
Citizens Science Project.

Dr. Jay Pitocchelli

Biology Department

Saint Anselm College