Hey all,
Just to throw another specimen into the mix, here (
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S30364262) is a bird that Simon Taylor and
I found a couple of summers ago at Nickerson.  We noted many of the
structural, plumage, and molt features that Shai mentions in the 2011
listserv email.

This album has a couple more pictures of the same bird:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/129132563@N05/albums/72157687846819856

Happy tern-ing,
Tripper