I wasn’t on the island until this afternoon, but 2 hours seawatching from Field
2 at Robert Moses State Park turned up the following:

43 Cory’s Shearwaters
3 Great Shearwaters
20+ unidentified shearwaters
2 Parasitic Jaegers
1 Northern Gannet
Hundreds of teens and gulls, including a young Lesser Black-back among the
loafing flocks in the eastern section of the lot

Although the numbers and diversity were not as impressive as reports from
earlier and further east, there was still more or less constant action and most
of the birds were quite close to shore. Indeed, the wave action probably
obscured many more distant birds offshore. This strong southeast wind, though
not as powerful as the conditions last night, is projected to continue all
through tomorrow and beyond. I, for one, plan to be seawatching at dawn as
well.

Cheers!
-Tim H