Re the Bridled Tern, there is another similar catamaran cruise which
departs from Orient Point NY, making it easier for NY birders to get on
board. It is the “Long Island Lights Cruise” and includes slow passes near
Plum, Great Gull and Little Gull Islands. It runs August 9-12, 16-19,
23-26, 30-31 plus September 1-3. Thats it.  See this website for details:
www.lighthouse.cruises — And Joe, if you could email me a map of that
corner of the island, with exactly where the bird hangs out (it was hard
for me to see those details as we passed at a distance) I could post them
for everyone to see your map.   Thanks. Tom Robben.  robben99 AT gmail.com