The adult Bridled Tern continues on Great Gull Island. It has now been here for
a week that we know of. (Beside it being its third in a row summer appearance.)
Once again, I will mention that the island is a research station and casual
visitors are not allowed. However, several birders have seen the bird from the
lighthouse tours that pass by the island on their way to Little Gull Island
Light to the east. Earlier this week I posted a map of Great Gull Island and
the area the Bridled frequents on my Inwood Birder blog
(inwoodbirder.blogspot.com).

Anyone doing the lighthouse tour boat trip should continue to watch for
shearwaters. The big numbers of late-July seem to have departed, but small
numbers are still around. Yesterday I spotted single Cory’s and Great
shearwaters northeast of Great Gull and this morning a single Great.

Joe DiCostanzo

Sent from my iPad