The adult Bridled Tern continues on Great Gull Island. Once again inclement
weather in the morning prevented me from checking for it then. I checked at
around 10:30 am and 3:30 pm and did not see it. However, a check at around 5:30
found it in its usual area on the northeast corner of the island. (It has been
here since August 3.) Once again, I will mention that the island is a research
station and casual visitors are not allowed. However, several birders have seen
the bird from the lighthouse tours that pass by the island on their way to
Little Gull Island Light to the east. Earlier this week I posted a map of Great
Gull Island and the area the Bridled frequents on my Inwood Birder blog
(inwoodbirder.blogspot.com).

Shearwaters (mainly Greats, but still the occasional Cory’s) are still being
seen around the island. Parasitic Jaeger numbers seem to be building up. In the
morning I saw four, including a dark phase individual west of Great Gull
Island. This afternoon there were a minimum of eight Parasitics west of the
island. In one scope scan I spotted seven plus one more in the air chasing a
tern.

Joe DiCostanzo

Sent from my iPad