The adult Bridled Tern continues on Great Gull Island. At around 8:40 am I
found it in its usual area on the northeast corner of the island. (It has been
here since August 3.) Once again, I will mention the island is a research
station and casual visitors are not allowed to land. However, several birders
have seen the bird from the lighthouse tours that pass by the island on their
way to Little Gull Island Light to the east. A few have also seen it from small
boats. Earlier this week I posted a map of Great Gull Island and the area the
Bridled frequents on my Inwood Birder blog (inwoodbirder.blogspot.com).

There are at least five Parasitic Jaegers chasing the feeding terns west of
Great Gull, including on dark phase bird.

Also this morning there was a steady stream if migrating Tree Swallows flying
west over the island.

Joe DiCostanzo

Sent from my iPad