I schelped the East Pond today a few hours before and after high tide covering
from south to north and back.

Highlights included:

HUDSONIAN GODWIT (continuing)

Juvenile Stilt Sandpiper (1)

PURPLE MARTIN (2)

White-rumped Sandpiper (17) all on the east side. I bet I could add a few more
from the west side.

Western Sandpiper (1) - a juvenile that I picked out late in my session on the
pond. https://twitter.com/birdingdude/status/1034992999820918784?s=21

There were several juvenile Lesser Yellowlegs, Least and Semipalmated
Sandpipers mixed in with the mostly worn Semipalmated Sandpipers. Including one
or two heavily marked individuals ;-)

159 Short-billed Dowitchers were a nice number this day with all of them being
juveniles.

A couple of Northern Waterthrushes pretending to be (dare I say) peeps. Were
observed feeding along the edges of the pond among Least and Semipalmated
Sandpipers.

The duckage is picking up. I counted 47 Blue-winged Teals, 19 Northern
Shovelers and 11 Green-winged Teals among the usual suspects.

The water level remains high for this time of the year but the smaller waders
are finding places to feed which is good since the juveniles are coming
through.

Remember to gear up properly; bring insect repellent, sun screen and most
importantly WATER. That pond gets quite hot on days like today and one could
easily get dehydrated.