The Queens County Bird Club will be having our 5th Annual Big Sit on
Saturday, October 13, at the Battery Harris Platform at Fort Tilden,
Queens. Some of us will be there pre-dawn and we will continue until it is
too dark to bird. If the weather is forecast to be absolutely horrific we
will postpone until Sunday, October 14 (and I'll send out an email on
Friday evening,10/12).

Good birds in past years include Parasitic Jaeger, Great Horned Owl,
Red-headed Woodpecker, Philadelphia Vireo, Dickcissel, and Orange-crowned
Warbler. Our all time high count is 76 species though we nearly matched
that last year with 74. If we get good northwest winds we could end up with
quite a show of landbird and raptor migration.

So come on out, bring coffee and snacks, stay for fifteen minutes, all day,
or for any amount of time in between.

Hope to see you there!

Good Birding,
Corey Finger