Joe Giunta and I (Sy Schiff) went south on Venetian Blvd to Shore Pl. on
the left.  We parked at bit further on and viewed the island from the street
(Please keep off the properties  and be good neighbors). The island was covered
with shorebirds. To see our target bird, we had to walk back to Shore place and
down to the end. We looked at the feeding birds in the water on the back of the
island, These birds were not visible from Venetian Blvd. Some of the birds flew
across to the marsh edge across the water giving a longer but better light to
view. Seen:--65 Greater yellowlegs, 15 Lesser Yellowlegs, 4 Long-billed
Dowitchers, 3+ short-billed Dowitchers.
        We then drove further south to Venetian shores Park. We walked to the
edge at the extreme left and around to the left. Every poles in the water in
front of the first house was a Royal Tern, 12 in all. Most had bright yellow
bills. Young of the year. I doubt an Elegent Tern, but I’m going to look at the
pictures.
Sy.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10